The goals module is a place where both an employee and their assigned manager can create goals and objectives and track their progress. An HR Administrator can also create
To create a new goal for yourself, click on the Goals tab in the menu bar.
As a manager, to create a goal for one of your employees, you have two options:
- Access your own goals module and find the employee by clicking the dropdown arrow next to your name and click 'Search'
- On the Appraisals and 360 Surveys page, click the drop-down arrow next to the employee's name and select 'Goals'
To create a new goal, click the blue '+ Add' button to the right of the page. A popup window (screenshot below) will appear.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Add a short title for your goal or objective
- Give a full description including all relevant details
- Set a status. If this is something you've already started working on, for instance, you'll likely want to set it as 'In Progress'
- Goal statuses are configurable! If you're the administrator of an account and would like to have your own custom categories, simply reach out to us at email@example.com
- As you make progress towards this goal, click the pencil icon to edit the goal. Anytime someone makes a change to a goal, Primalogik keeps track of it through an activity log
- Assign a deadline (optional). This can be updated anytime, if necessary
- If this is a quantifiable goal, set the target value and your current progress
- In the above example, the goal is to reach a target number of 140. At the current time, the employee has sold 32 widgets
- You can update the current number any time by clicking the pencil icon next to the goal on the main page
- Once you've reached the goal target, update the status to 'Achieved' - the system will not do this automatically for you
- If the goal is not quantitative, it is probably best to track it's progress solely by status
- Set a category for organizational purposes (optional)
- Categories are configurable! If you're the administrator of an account and would like to have your own custom categories, simply reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set a review cycle (optional). If this goal will be rated on an evaluation form, be sure to associate it with the correct review cycle
To update the progress of a goal, click the pencil button and make the appropriate changes. An activity log is kept, documenting any and all updates to the goal/objective.