Users with the Administrator privilege can modify the subject heading and text in some of the emails the application sends to users. You may want to include details about the 360/appraisal process that is specific to your organization. You can also include tips, clarifications about how the feedback will be used, links to external resources, etc.
The application allows you to customize the following types of emails:
- Emails sent when someone is invited to provide 360-degree feedback.
- Emails sent when someone is invited to complete a self-evaluation for a performance appraisal.
- Emails sent to the manager when an employee has completed a self-evaluation and the manager needs to complete the performance appraisal.
- Emails sent when someone is invited to complete an opinion survey.
- Emails sent when an administrator creates a new user account.
Customizing email content is easy. Go to the Email Contents page (accessible through the administration menu), find the email you want to modify, and click on "Edit".
You will then be able to change the text and add/remove replacement variables. Replacement variables are special identifiers within brackets that are substituted with actual values right before the email is sent. For example, the [RECIPIENT] variable will be replaced with the name of the user to which the email is addressed. You can see the list of available variables in the list on the top right of the edit box (look for "Insert variable" in the image below). Click on the info icon to see the meaning of each variable.
Once you hit save you're done. You will be able to view how the email looks like on the same page (with the variables replaced). Your customized text will be used for any email sent after you hit save.