- Increased transparency regarding what personal data is collected, why we collect it, and how long it is stored
- Clearer, more straightforward language
- Information on how to remove or correct your personal data.
- Using our products for work. Many users have access to our services through their organizations (e.g., their employers), who control their accounts or use of our services. The updated policy clarifies our relationship with these users and explains the tools available to administrators of these users.
2. What is GDPR, and what is Primalogik doing to comply?
GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation and is effective as of May 25th, 2018. GDPR replaces national privacy and security laws that previously existed within the EU with a single, comprehensive EU-wide law that governs the use, sharing, transfer, and processing of personal data that originates from the EU.
Our policy is to respect all laws that apply to our business and this includes GDPR. We also appreciate that our customers have requirements under GDPR that are directly impacted by their use of our services. For those reasons, we are committed to helping our customers comply with GDPR and their local requirements.
- Where we are transferring data outside of the EU, Primalogik commits to having the appropriate data transfer mechanisms in place as required by GDPR.
- Primalogik commits to following appropriate security measures and precautions in accordance with GDPR.
- Primalogik will assist with promptly communicating any data breaches to customers and users.
- We will ensure that employees authorized to process personal data have committed to confidentiality and are aware of data regulations such as GDPR.
- We will hold any sub-processors that handle personal data, including our data center partners, to the same data management, security, and privacy practices and standards to which we hold ourselves.
- Where appropriate, we will offer contractual language documenting our commitments to our customers to support their GDPR obligations.
- Primalogik will assist our customers, insofar as possible, to respond to data subject requests our customers may receive under the GDPR.
3. Does Primalogik process personal data?
4. Can Primalogik assist my company with responding to an Individual Rights Request (Subject Access Request)?
As a processor of personal data for our customers, we will assist our customers with responding to individual rights requests that they receive under the GDPR. In many cases, customers may be able to address these types of requests by logging into the Primalogik application and using the options available in their accounts. Where this is not possible, please contact us to request assistance with any such individual rights requests.
5. Where does Primalogik store and send my data?
6. How does Primalogik handle onward transfers of data outside of the EU?
7. Do you offer your customers a Data Processing Addendum?
Yes. We've included specific GDPR obligations in a Data Processing Addendum (DPA) that's included in our regular terms of service and apply that our customers in the EU, and customers based elsewhere that process data of subjects in the EU. The Primalogik DPA is linked from our Terms of Services and can also be accessed directly here: Data Processing Addendum.
8. Can I opt-out of having my data collected or shared?
9. Does Primalogik use sub-processors to further process customer data?
A list of our sub-processors can be found in our Data Processing Addendum.
10. Who can I contact with questions regarding GDPR?